Continence Advisory Service
Aims and objectives of service
The service exists to help adults and children over the age of three who have bladder or bowel problems. It also aims to provide education, advice, support and clinical practice development in continence for carers and healthcare professionals within the wider health community.
Its objectives also include service developments - including research, benchmarking and innovative practice - and the standardisation and quality of resources and equipment.
The team provides clinical services in a variety of community locations including home visits, hospitals and residential and nursing homes depending on demand and the location of patients.
The service offers specialist continence advice and support for paediatric patients over the age of four who are registered with a Nottingham City Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) GP. Continence products are supplied to children aged four and over, following an initial assessment by the health visiting team.
A home delivery service is available for incontinence pads to people in their own homes, residential and nursing homes.
Signposting arrangements are in place to direct people to other services such as GPs, New Leaf, support groups, Pharmacy, Dieticians, Physiotherapists, Citizen's Advice and social care.
Days/hours of operation
The service is provided Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm, excluding Bank Holidays.
Open access referrals via telephone, Choose and Book and paper referrals.
Referrals for all patients over the age of three for patients within the NHS Nottingham City CCG.
Referrals are not accepted directly from secondary care consultants.
All patients over the age of three years within the NHS Nottingham City CCG.
Continence Advisory Service contact details:
Sherwood Rise Health Centre
29 Nottingham Road
Nottingham, NG7 7AD.
Phone: 0115 8838900
Fax 0115 8838966
- Bladder and Bowel Foundation
- Disabled Living, Redbank House, 4 StChad’s Street, Cheetham, Manchester, M8 8QA. firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 0161 839 8383, Fax: 0161 835 3591
- Promoting continence and product awareness
- Eric-Educational resource for improving childhood incontinence, Helpline 0845 370 80008 Mon - Fri 10-4
- Disability Living Centre, Middleton Court, Glaisdale Parkway, Glaisdale Drive West, Nottingham, NG8 4GP. Open Monday-Friday, Telephone lines open 9am - 3pm Appointments 9am - 3pmTel : 0115 9855780 Fax : 0115 9284914, email@example.com
- National Association for colitis and crohns disease
- National MS Society, Free helpline 0808 800 8000, www.Mssociety.org