Health Visiting: 0-5 year olds
Aims and objectives of service
The over-arching aims of this service is to protect and promote the health and wellbeing of children from birth to five years old.
The Health visiting Service provides public health, social and emotional wellbeing advice and intervention through four main services:
- Your community provides advice to all families with children up to school age. This includes some Sure Start services and the services that families and communities provide for themselves. Health Visitors work to develop these services and make sure that families know about them.
- Universal services from health visitors include working in full partnership with parents and carers to lead and deliver the full Healthy Child Programme (HCP) from ante-natal care through to 2 to 2.5 years. The HCP covers issues including: immunisations; health and development reviews and checks; health screening; support for parents; promotion of social and emotional development; supporting parents when children are ill; early diagnosis of children with additional needs and access to a range of community services and resources.
- Universal plus provides a rapid response from the Health visiting team when families need specific expert help, for example with postnatal depression, a sleepless baby, weaning or answering any concerns about parenting. It identifies vulnerable families and helps to put in place packages of additional care and safeguarding.
- Universal partnership plus provides on-going support in partnership with other local agencies to deal with more complex issues over a period of time. These include services from Sure Start Children’s Centres, other community services including charities and, where appropriate the Family Nurse Partnership.
The service will accept patients registered with a Nottingham GP or that are resident in Nottingham City.
Further information can be found in the following hyperlinks
- NHS website
- Department of Health Healthy Child Programme
- Public Health 0-5 year olds information
- Women’s Aid
Need More Information?
Contact the Health Visiting Team Managers
Nottingham CityCare Partnership
29, Nottingham Road
Telephone: 0115 883 8900 - Select option 4