Homeless Health Team
What we do
We make sure you have fair and equal access to healthcare, to help you avoid going into hospital. We also provide treatment, advice and support to help you stay as healthy as possible. With your permission we can speak to other agencies and health services on your behalf. We also offer -
- Specialist knowledge and resources for physical and mental health
- Advice and support to colleagues
- Multi-agency meetings for health workers who work with temporarily housed people
- Involvement with Local Authority Homelessness Strategies.
- Joint work with voluntary and statutory sector agencies
- Training and teaching Services we offer
- Dressings and wound care
- Assessing and treating minor illnesses and injuries
- Giving health advice
- Prescribing service
- Blood testing
- Removal of cannulas, clips and sutures
- Mental health assessment and support
- Pregnancy testing
- Physical and mental health drop-in clinics
- Referral to other agencies
- Support to access mainstream healthcare
You can download our service leaflet here.
The service shall operate an open referral / drop in service. Health and social care professionals seeking advice should contact the service directly
Contact us through Health and Care Point: 0115 883 9654
The service shall be accessible to anyone who can be defined as homeless and is living within the greater Nottingham area (Nottingham City; Nottingham North and East; Nottingham West and Rushcliffe).