Social Nail Foot-care Service
What is the Foot-care Service?
The service offers people aged 60+ a simple nail cutting and basic foot-care advice service. People who have a long term health condition, and who do not qualify for NHS podiatry services, are able to access this charged for service. CityCare are working in partnerships with Age UK Nottingham and Nottinghamshire to provide this affordable and accessible foot-care service. The service is delivered by a small team of trained paid staff and volunteers.
What do we offer?
- The foot-care service includes a short soak, nail trim, the filing of hard skin, and the application of cream.
- Appointments last approximately 30 - 45 minutes, however the first appointment will be slightly longer.
- We offer follow-up appointments at regular intervals.
- Basic foot-care information and advice.
Which area does the service cover?
It serves Nottingham City residents at three locations:
- St Ann's Valley Centre (Mondays), 2 Livingstone Road, St Ann's, Nottingham NG3 3GG
- Clifton Cornerstone (Tuesdays), Southchurch Drive, Nottingham NG11 8EW
- Sherwood Rise Health Centre (Fridays), 29 Nottingham Road, Nottingham NG7 7AD
Who is this service for?
People aged 60+ who have a long-term health condition, are not able to cut their own toenails, are registered with a Nottingham City GP and do not qualify for NHS Podiatry Services.
How much does this service cost?
Initial assessment (including provision of personal nail-care pack) - £20
Follow-up appointments - £15
What extra support do we offer?
- Help to access other services, including NHS services where appropriate
- An opportunity to meet and have a friendly chat whilst having a hot drink and biscuits
- Access to information booklets and leaflets
If you are a professional, please send referrals by email only to: firstname.lastname@example.org