What is the Foot-care Service?
We are a service that offers people aged 60+ a simple nail cutting and basic footcare advice. CityCare work in partnership with Age UK Nottingham and Nottinghamshire to provide this subsidised service. The service is delivered by a small team of trained paid staff and volunteers. People who have a long-term health condition, and who do not qualify for NHS podiatry services, are able to access this service at an affordable price.
What do we offer?
- The foot-care service includes a short soak, nail trim, the filing of hard skin, and the application of cream.
- Appointments last approximately 30 - 45 minutes, however the first appointment will be slightly longer.
- We offer follow-up appointments at regular intervals.
- Basic foot-care information and advice.
• St Ann’s Valley Centre, 2 Livingstone Road, off St Ann’s Well Road, St Ann’s, Nottingham NG3 3GG (Mondays)
• Sherwood Health Centre, Elmswood Gardens, Sherwood, Nottingham NG5 4AD (Mondays)
• Clifton Cornerstone, Southchurch Drive, Nottingham NG11 8EW (Tuesdays)
• Health Point, Top Valley Drive, Top Valley, Nottingham NG5 9DD (Tuesdays)
• Old Basford Health Centre, 1 Bailey Street, Basford, Nottingham NG6 0HD (Fridays)
• Sherwood Rise Health Centre, 31 Nottingham Road, Nottingham NG7 7AD (Fridays)
People aged 50+ who have a long-term health condition, are not able to cut their own toenails, are registered with a Nottingham City GP and do not qualify for NHS Podiatry Services.
Appointments - £16 per session
Provision of personal nail-care pack - £6
- Help to access other services, including NHS services where appropriate
- An opportunity to meet and have a friendly chat whilst having a hot drink and biscuits
- Access to information booklets and leaflets