We’re a service based at Queens Medical Centre where we work with you to support your safe discharge from hospital. We will refer you onto the services that can support you at home.
Our team is made up of Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Nurses and Assistant Practitioners. We carry out an in depth assessment of each person’s abilities and needs, and we aim to find ways to help you leave hospital once the medical teams are happy for you to go. This could include equipment, therapy and other support needs or we could send you to an assessment or community bed for rehabilitation. These front door areas include the Emergency Department, Lynn Jarrett Clinical Decision Unit, Splint Room, Plaster Room, Fracture Clinic and the assessment wards B3, D57, Older Peoples Assessment Unit. and the Acute Medicine Receiving Area.
When our teams assess you, we will be looking to see how we can:
- Address any physical, mental and social support you may need in both the short and long-term
- Reduce or avoid the need for a hospital admission wherever possible
- Support your safe discharge from hospital
- Identify your needs in order to inform discharge plans
- Promote your independence, maintain function and support informed choices
- Provide a skilled, integrated and responsive service that links hospital and community services, with the aim of reducing the time spent in hospital.
- Work across Nottinghamshire as well as outside this area where necessary
- Anticipate risks and needs and put preventative measures in place
- To support the carers of patients
Our hours are Monday to Friday between 07:30 and 20:00, and on weekends between 08:00 and 18:00.
In order to access the service patients must be aged 18+ and be medically stable for transfer from hospital at the point of referral. Referrals can only be made by clinicians.