The Community Nutrition and Dietetic Service promotes good nutrition adults and provides training and support for health professionals.
Our registered dieticians assess and treat diet and nutrition related disease. We use the most up-to-date scientific research on food, health and disease and translate it into practical guidance for our patients.
Our work includes:
- diagnosis and assessment of individual nutritional needs
- promotion of healthy lifestyle changes and provide unbiased, up-to-date information on nutrition to health professionals, the public and the media.
- Clinical dietetic service for all ages from babies through to older people who live in Nottingham City, including dietary assessment, advice and counselling for patients and families for specific medical and / or mental health conditions where diet plays a key role
- Patient group education sessions
- Nutrition Resources
- Training for other health care professionals
- Telephone clinical support service for other health care professionals
- Development of nutrition related guidelines and care pathways
Referrals must be made by GPs, health and social care professionals only.
Patients must meet the inclusion criteria for the specified service via Nottingham Health & Care Point on 0300 131 0300 or via the secure online form here.