We are delighted to be holding the Celebrating Success CityCare Annual Recognition event on 23 June 2023 to celebrate the wonderful work of individuals and teams across the organisation.
It will be a fantastic opportunity to get together in person and celebrate our achievements.
You can nominate individual staff members or teams for an award from 1 April to 30 April 2023 by completing the link below under the category you wish to nominate.
The nominations provide a chance to recognise the hard work, dedication, or fabulous care given by our staff members and teams.
Inspired by our values and behaviours our Celebrating Success event recognises staff from all areas of our organisation. Please make sure your nomination includes how they meet our values, as this is what our judges will be scoring it against.
Nominations will close on 30 April 2023.
Kindness – Friendly, generous, and considerate
Respect – Due regard for the feelings, wishes, or rights of others
Trust – Firm belief in the reliability, truth, or ability of someone
Honesty – Truthful and sincere
Top tips for a winning award entries
Nominations are judged on quality, not quantity. This means a person who receives mulitple nominations isn’t judged more favourably than someone who receives one. It’s better to make one really good nomination, than nominate the same person multiple times.
Here are some top tips of how to write a winning entry:
- Make sure you say what the nominee did (e.g., projects, activities) that are above and beyond the person’s job description, giving specific examples
- Read the judging criteria for the category you have chosen and try to cover all areas in your nomination form – just like you would when applying for a job
- How did they do it?
- Initiative and/or leadership
- Creativity and/or innovation
- Behaviours and/or attitudes
- What were the results and/or impact?
- What did the nominee’s efforts accomplish?
- Are there specific benefits to CityCare?
- Appeal to the judging panel’s hearts – use emotive language to describe the difference the person made, the value of what they did and how it made you feel
Outstanding Contribution to Improving Patient Safety
This award is open for public and staff nominations and will be awarded to a team or individual that has made a significant impact upon improving quality in their work area or for the organisation.
Your nomination should demonstrate a consistent commitment to identifying and learning from risks to the safety of our patients and staff, examples of the measures that have been put in place to ensure that standards are met and evidence of the improvements that have been made and the impact that they have had upon safety.
Outstanding Contribution to Improving Patient Experience
This award is open for public and staff nominations and will be awarded to a team or individual that has made a significant impact upon improving the patient/service user experience either for an individual patient or service user, in their work area or for the organisation.
Your nomination should include examples the improvements that have been made and the impact that they have had on the patient experience.
Date published: 1 April 2023